It’s a brand new year and for many of us January brings with it good intentions and resolutions. As we step on the scales after over indulging throughout the festive season, our resolutions for the coming year – and probably yours too – is to eat better, do a bit more exercise and generally look after our physical and mental health. And that includes making sure we have regular eye examinations. Yes, even opticians need them too!
Regular eye tests are really important. There are loads of opticians on the high street, with many multiple chains offering cheap deals and great marketing strategies including discounts and free eye tests. Whilst all very tempting, we at Respectacle Company opticians believe there are many benefits to using a local, independent opticians and here are some of the reasons:
- We carry out a full and comprehensive eye examination, where the fully qualified and experienced optometrist completes and analyses all the supplementary tests.
- You will see the same optometrist on each visit, so they can get to know our customers and become familiar with your eye history and any conditions.
- We treat our customers as individuals and not a name on a database.
- We take time with our patients to ensure the best possible customer service and eye care. Each eye examination takes 30 minutes, but if we need longer that’s not a problem – there’s no time limit.
- We offer a variety of high quality frame collections from around the world, and we have a unique range of designer glasses. Unlike many of the well known high street opticians, we’re not tied to what we can stock through corporate rules or buying groups. There’s also never any pressure to buy and we encourage our customers to browse our extensive range.
- Everyone receives fully qualified professional advice about frame and lens selection to ensure your final choice will suit your needs, prescription and lifestyle.
- Buying form your local independent optical store means you are supporting your local community.
Here at Respectacle Company we aim to offer a high quality service to each of our individual customers. So whether you’re having an eye test or selecting a new pair of glasses, they receive a bespoke personal experience which is tailored to their needs.
Whichever path you choose – high street chain or independent optician – eye examinations are vital, not only to ensure you get the right spectacles but a full and complete eye check can detect early signs of other health conditions too, such as diabetes. The opticians should assess your medical history, any signs of symptoms for possible problems and any medication. They also discuss lifestyle, types of work, hobbies and general health. This will give them a comprehensive assessment of you and your needs.
If you want to find out more about the benefits of using an independent optician have a read of the latest report by Which?. In a survey of over 9,000 Which? members, independent opticians received five-star ratings and listed as the best place to get your eyes tested. The article also also gives you a good insight into what to expect when visiting an optician.
The best way of course is to put us to the test! Just give us a call, on 01858 433 577 to book an appointment and experience the Respectacle Company service for yourself.